Almond cake with lemon zest ๐Ÿฅฎ

I was craving for a piece of a chocolate cake, but I did not have any all purpose flour or cocoa.. but I did have almond flour, so I thought why not try this? And I'm SO glad I did. I feel like a pro chef.

Read on to bake the easiest, but super fancy cake ever! ๐Ÿ’ฅ


Ingredients :

1.5 cups Almond Flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 eggs
0.5 cups sugar

Prep time : 

15-20 minutes

Cook time : 

30 minutes

Recipe : 

1. Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
2. Separate egg yolks and egg whites into two different large bowls.
3. Mix the egg yolks and sugar with a hand blender until it becomes smooth and creamy (should take 5-10 minutes) 
4. Add the almond flour and the lemon zest to this mixture till everything blends together. This mixture will look a little grainy and thick, but don't worry, that's how it is supposed to look.
5. In the other bowl, beat egg whites rigorously with a hand mixture for about 10 minutes until they stiff peak. (if you hold the bowl upside down, the mixture should not slide)
6. Mix the egg whites with the almond flour batter slowly, until the mixture is consistent and a little bit runny.
7. Grease your cake pan with butter and pour this mixture in the cake pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes on 350 ℉.
9. Let it cool down a bit. Dust with powdered sugar and add lemon slices to give a fancy look! 
10. Serve with hot tea and pretend you are English ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿต 



Let me know if you like this delicious cake via Instagram , Email me,
or leave a comment below ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best Grilled Cheese you'll ever have ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿฅช

How I made McDonalds' French Fries... AT HOME!! ๐ŸŸ

My favorite go to summer looks ๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿ‘—